Saturday, May 06, 2006

Courageous youth.

Those suffering from Oaks hangovers missed a glorious Saturday morning. Both Lloyd and I biked from our respective abodes to Community Park and met Diana. The three of us walked (I did two laps, they did three). I rode back home via Green Valley Road, Martin and Bono, doing a fast pace when possible.

The only blemish was a carload of youngsters who found it amusing to let loose an air horn blast while passing me on Green Valley, and ignored by entreaties to stop and let me whip the lot of ‘em.

This indeed is the exception rather than the rule, and given that most drivers are running too fast and recklessly, most are courteous enough when it comes right down to specifics.

I’ll do a second ride to and from work today. It’s a good feeling to get out in weather like we’re having – you know how it’s going to be very soon.

2 comments:

David said...

I finally got my bike out today, my first ride in four years. What a cool, beautiful day to get restarted. I plan to do another short ride Sunday AM, maybe the Riverwalk.

The New Albanian said...

Whoa -- that's a hiatus.

Glad you're back in the ranks of the beercyclists.