Thursday, May 04, 2006

Cherokee People, Cherokee Tribe

Last night, hubby packed up the bikes and met me at Cherokee park, not far from where I work, and we rode 10 miles. Started at what I think they call Hogan's fountain, on the loop road that is set up for bikers, walkers and cars. On the left side of the road, bikers and walkers share, and on the right cars can take the loop. Lots of folks out last night.

The start at Hogan's fountain means you get to go down a long hill, so you don't even feel like you're exercising, but don't worry, because very soon, wham, you'll find yourself climbing a hill. We went around the loop once and then veered off the second time on Park Boundary Road and ended up at Seneca Park's trail area next to Cannon's Lane. Lots of people there too, walking, biking, playing baseball, basketball and soccer.

One the way back, we took a left at a place call Big rock, I think, and from there I promptly got lost, but I was confident that eventually we'd come out somewhere familiar and sure enough we did.

All those roads in Cherokee Park confuse me. :)

For the first time this year, my back was not horribly stiff when I got off the bike. Yes! I think I'm back into riding shape and now it's time for at least a 15 miler this weekend.

3 comments:

The New Albanian said...

I enjoy that ride, too.

edward parish said...

My bride and I used to run the loop in Cherokee Park every other day for about two years. To bad they cannot just do away with vehicles altogether, but we are guilty in using it as the locals do as a cut through.

Olmstead would be very pleased with the way the park has transformed itself, wouldn't you agree?

Tommy2x4 said...

you should take time and explore the WTL. it's a good trail to break your teeth in on, if you don't get off the road that much. there are a few spots where you might have to walk over an obstacle or two, but it's a nice trail.