Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sunday In The Knobs

Today’s ride was a nice crisp 20 mile cruise through the Knobs. Leaving home I headed up Old Vincennes Road to Quarry Road, back up the other side of Old Vincennes and then over Old Hill Road, left, then up to Paoli Pike and right on Scottsville Road. Meandering over scenic St. Mary's Road, past the St. Mary's of the Knobs Parish and on to Campion Road before climbing the backside of Mosier Knob. Breezing down the other side of Mosier Knob I cut through NA Industrial Park and chatted with our pal Kevin at work, before heading for home down Green Valley Road to Cherry Street and then up Cherry Street Hill to home.

This was real test for me, to see where I was in riding hills. The toughest part of that whole ride was the section of Old Vincennes between Captain Frank and the top where Old Vincennes used to go, before they put I-64 in. Reason being, I didn't stretch out real good before leaving home. Left in a rush and thought my body was ready when it would have been easier had I took just 5 minutes more to get those muscles ready to ride.

1 comment:

Highwayman said...

That'll learn ya durn ya!