Saturday, January 21, 2006

Monster Ride

Today was a ride I shall not forget for a good while. Two hours ride time, 26.4 miles and copious hills, rough road surfaces and breathtaking views of Louisville.

Started from or Silver Hills home, up the killer 2 mile hill of Old Vincennes Road to Quarry Road, over to Old Hill Road and then through the subdivision Woods of Lafayette to Scottsville Road. Proceeded on Skyline Drive to Mosier Knob and then back onto Skyline Drive. I rode the always scenic Skyline to Fairview Knob Road down the hill to Grant Line Road/Highway 111 to IUS. Through IUS to Hausfeldt Lane then to Green Valley Road. Took said road all the way to Cherry Street and then back up Old Vincennes Road to home.

Skyline Drive was incredible and WILL be on my regular routes when the weather breaks. Next time I will try that ride in reverse and try the ascent of Fairview Knob Road aka Barrel Shoot. Should be a real challenge I’m sure.

No comments: