Sunday, January 29, 2006

Saturday

It has been a week that has not left me much time for riding due to work and sickness in my hometown of Bedford. That said, one day this week I did the Louisville loop after work, then yesterday after a trip to Bedford to visit my mom and her baby brother(who is 80 years young today) I came back and had one hell of a ride.

Started from home and rode out Green Valley Road and went up Spickert Knob and came back down to Jones Lane and cut through over to St. Mary’s of the Knobs. Headed back up the backside of Mosier Knob, and then down the hill, in wind gust that was a real treat to say the least, to Mt. Tabor. Made my way over by RichO’s Public House, but fended off temptation for ale and went on past a packed parking lot. Road over past Our Lady of Perpetual Help and down Slate Run Road. Tried the riverfront in NA but was greeted by City Police guarding the FEMA site and the sinking barge on the Ohio. Cruised Main Street and then back up Camp Ave. to home.

All in all, I was a little over dressed for part of the ride, especially the climb up Spickert Knob, but the extra layer felt good in the wind and as the sun was setting.
Total ride was 26 miles b

1 comment:

The New Albanian said...

I got lazy today and had Diana haul the bike with us to visit my mom in Georgetown, then rode back (downhill, with the wind more favorable). I came down Quarry and Old Vincennes.