Sunday, July 16, 2006

Yes Dear, There Is Fine Dining In New Albany!

My afternoon consisted of a 12 mile bike ride (some of which I had to walk uphill) followed by an absolutely scrumptious meal of French cuisine and even tastier French beer at the Bistro New Albany!

I can't remember the last time (if ever) that it took me three hours to complete a meal. There were hor/d'oeuvres, celery soup, (Amy you have competition) salad, an entree, and desert with a specific beer to go with each.

There was a breeze through the courtyard which allowed us to eat outside in relative comfort, and the serving staff would rival any worldwide!

Kudo's extrodinare to Roger, the two Daves, Richard, Angie, Vickie, and all others who may have had a hand in this most enjoyable Sunday afternoon & evening! My hats off to you all.

I'm looking forward to the next such event already. My only regret was that Ed was unable to attend. Next time, just don't answer the phone.

By the way, if any one says fine dining is unavailable in New Albany, they are absolutely mistaken! Thanks again guys!

2 comments:

Iamhoosier said...

Your eloquence far exceeds mine so I will just echo your comments.

Even though Ed could not attend, his signs marking the bike route brought us "home" without getting lost. Viva la Edward.

edward parish said...

As always, my work comes forst and then play. Sorry for not making the festive event, but my body was very tired from hardly any sleep since Thursday night; trying to restore power after the monster storms Friday.

Thanks for the kind words, but it was all Rogers's brainchild, I just helped out.

October ride much of the same anyone?