Sunday, July 23, 2006

Debbie wrote about the view ...

Here it is, from Skyline Drive (later in the afternoon today).

I started at my mom's house in Georgetown, went down Corydon Ridge Road to 62, then cut across Quarry for the normal Knobs run, eventually descending at Mosier Knob. No deer today, but I peddled up into the Villas of Lafayette so as to cut across from Old Hill to Scottsville Road, and the scene was so monstrous that I couldn't take photos.

Ended just shy of 50 km, and felt good. Yesterday in Bloomington I visited the Bike Garage for a tune-up, and had them install a new, heavier-duty rear wheel specifically for the upcoming Tour de Czech.

2 comments:

edward parish said...

So you going up in tire size as well? Curious as to why(always gaining knowledge about bike stuff) you upgraded for your trip. Did the guys at the BG recommend such because of the terrian?

I got out early this morning for a maintenance ride of 18 miles. My body was tired from yesterdays marathon in Clark County and not quite up to speed after the hot week and less riding.

edward parish said...

Debbie,
From Crestview, which is one street over from us up here, if you look at say 5 or 6 PM on a clear day, you can see the smokestacks of the KU powerplant near Craig's Creek. On a really, really clear day in the winter when the sun is low in the sky at 5 or so, you can just make out the Clifty Falls powerplant stacks smoke.

As far as your suggestion about Weber Road, next time you ride that, look at the Duke Energy substation and you just might se me there. I am there 4 and 5 times a week doing my chore to keep you lights on.
Cheers