Thursday, July 06, 2006

Bike Louisville

Bike Louisville
What a banner day of weather we have had here locally. I was watching the clock at work and hoping we did not have trouble and require me to stay on and work. We did not. Came home and tossed the bicycle in the back of my pick up, drove to Clarksville and parked at one of my companies substations located on Clark Blvd. Yeah I cheated, but I could not deal with any traffic or idiot drivers on this beauty of a day. Cruised over to the Clark Memorial Bridge and then took Louisville's Riverwalk Trail all the way to the end at the end of Broadway and Shawnee Park. Got out on Southwestern Parkway and rode past Chickasaw Park and then out to Algonquin Parkway and the Shawnee Expressway, turned around and rode back to my truck.

*Note - If I would have had a map with me, I could have stayed on Algonquin Parkway and it would have been shorter for my return trip back to downtown, via 4th street. There would have been more traffic and not as scenic.

I really enjoy Louisville's Riverwalk Trail, because it is just so damn relaxing and private. Only passed three people the whole time on the Riverwalk after getting past the Portland section of the path. What a great place to clear your head and enjoy nature.

1 comment:

The New Albanian said...

Ed, this is what we did on Monday. From Kye's in Jeff to the River Walk, all the way to the end, past Chickasaw, then Algonquin Pkwy to Winkler, left, then left on 3rd Street, then right on Eastern Pkwy. At Cherokee Park we joined the right loop, emerging at Lexington Road for a link with the Beargrass Creek trail. The guys then rode back to Kye's, while I picked up Payne to meet D. at Heine Bros on Frankfort Avenue. On workdays, there'd be traffic, but on the holiday the entire route was empty.