Sunday, June 10, 2007

USA Cycling BMX Championships

USA Cycling (USAC) had it's first BMX Championship in Waterford Mi. on June 9th. I participated in the 30 and over men and 35-39 cruiser classes and I had a shot at both titles, but fell a little short.

I slipped the gate in my 30 and over men's semi race and couldn't make the moves to get into the main event, however, I was able to make the main in the 35-39 cruiser class!!! I drew the perfect lane position and I felt that I was just 30 seconds away from becoming the first ever USAC Champion for our class. When the gate fell, I guess I was a little too excited and spun-out on the pad below, all the while the rest of class was boogie-ing down the first straight. I was able to make it back to 4th or 5th position on the second straight, but people were all over the place and I was pretty much pushed off the track. I think I finished 6th overall and i'm now qualified to represent Team USA at the UCI World BMX Championships in Victoria, Canada!!!

Now I just have to find a way to pay for this venture! lol... If there's anyone that would like to donate to the cuase, let me know!

No comments: