Friday, June 08, 2007

Left Coast Bike Ride 2007

Well my 2007 edition of cycling in California has come to close. Over three hundred miles in seven days is actually down a bit from what we achieved last year, but had to trim things back a bit due to my buddy TR's recovery from knee surgery that is still causing him some discomfort. My personal rides in San Francisco and the Santa Cruz mountains were lost without my riding partner in tow, but very very rewarding. I did two streets in Frisco that according to my bike map are 20% grades. Some others streets were 10% plus grades. The new Cannondale bike was perfect and most helpful, kudos to Bob Peters for assisting me in the purchase. Bob made some recommendations for that type of riding and he was right on the money. Support you local bike shops for sure! I will try to place some photos and more detail of rides at a later date, I'm re-packing for a trip to Charleston, SC to see our son in the morning.....

No comments: