Monday, February 27, 2006

New adventures in equipment malfunction.

You'll notice that the bolt to the right has sheared in half, making it impossible to keep the two sections of the clamp that secure the seat to the post together, ensuring that for the second time this year, my seat has disappeared while riding.

It happened this morning while out for a daybreak spin around NA, so it wasn't catastrophic. I'll be mailing the pieces back to Performance, and borrowing Diana's seat (again) to commute this week.

I know I'm a fat guy ... but this is getting ridiculous. I'm thinking of taking a spare clamp assembly on the Euro trip -- but I couldn't very well pack an extra post.

7 comments:

edward parish said...

Yikes!

Plan on riding this afternoom when I get home from work.

Iamhoosier said...

Now let's think back to that 5# slab of beef on your plate Saturday!

Tommy2x4 said...

if you need a bolt, let me know..i have tons of that stuff..


2x4

The New Albanian said...

Tommy: Thanks for the offer - I have another saddle I can use, and I'm going to return the bolt (I have something else to return, anyway).

Made it home without incident.

The New Albanian said...

iamhoosier: Got me on that, although I didn't finish the steak (and a cold pork chop) until Sunday, 12:30 am.

edward parish said...

Roger I tried calling you, just get a Stainsteel bolt, I guarantee you it will not brake. Ace Hardware for less than a dollar.

The New Albanian said...

Got it, okay -- but I'm still sending the broken one back as a matter of principle.