Wednesday, February 15, 2006

61 degrees on Feb.15,2006

It is written that great minds think a like. Today for Roger and I we must have been on the same wave length or reasonable facsimile. He is swamped with prepping for Gravity Head while CINergy owns me most of the time and today was no exception. He and I had traded emails about a possible ride this week together, but schedules would not be. But we both wound up at the BBC Taproom at different times today via our bicycles.
I skipped early from my gig in Madison and made a beeline to get my bike and pickup. Yes I left early from work, just like a lot of other folks wanting to take advantage of the great weather.
I left my pickup near the Clark Memorial Bridge in Jeffersonville and headed to Louisville. Made my way to Chickasaw Park via the River Walk and then back to downtown using city streets like Southwestern Parkway and Bank Street. Cut back over on to the River Walk and cruised my way to Clay and Main for a couple pints and a growler to go of BBC’s APA. Chatted with Matt Gould and Dave Pierce for a bit, before coming back across the bridge right as the sky was full of beautiful colors at sunset.
Very relaxing ride that I will do again to relieve stress build up from work and other un-necessary stuff we all have from life.

1 comment:

The New Albanian said...

I had COFFEE when I was there, but we talked about barrel aging ... it's getting busy, but you're right about the stress reduction.