Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Am I The Only Person Riding?

Come on, going to let a little ice and snow stop you from riding? Well yeah? Did the pattern of my riding of late, which is in Louisville. It is a good break and less traffic than fighting the bonehead drivers on the North Shore of the Ohio River. Cruised part of the River Walk, but opted for streets because of still spots of ice and snow in shaded areas. Followed the Bike Route signs out to Chickasaw park via Northwestern/Southwestern Parkways. Made the lap in the park and then came back downtown on Greenwood Ave. What better way to get the real feel of a city than on a bike. The people in that part of the city are cordial and helpful when I have questions either for directions or some historical site. I did a two hour ride, before darkness finally got me. Total ride was 21 miles.

8 comments:

Iamhoosier said...

Have not been out for 3 weeks. Only chance I get is on weekends. Believe that I may have seen you once or twice. I live in the area around Green Valley road between Mr. Tabor and Hausfelt. Yellow vest? Single rider, usually afternoon.

edward parish said...

No helmet, yellow vest and black bike. Could have been me.

Iamhoosier said...

You did not post "No helmet" did you? Shame, shame.

The New Albanian said...

Hey, I'm still grinding it out, pretty much on schedule for February considering I budgeted non-biking time for Gravity Head preparations.

I intend to hit it hard in March, ease back in April, then build toward August.

Closing in on 700 km for the year. That's fine.

edward parish said...

Good luck this weekend!

Tommy2x4 said...

sorry i'm late on this one, but myself and a bunch of guys rode Waverly Trails and although it was a bit cold, once we got rollin' we were nice and toasty...well, except for the feet.

trails should be dialed in for this weekend, so get your trails on and go pedal!

2x4

The New Albanian said...

I'm heading out this morning to get a few miles in before the second session of Gravity Head.

Wish I could be out all day.

Tommy2x4 said...

i'm going to try and do a late sesh at either wave country (waverly) or cherokee. it's pretty chilly, but i think i need to pedal.