Tuesday, February 28, 2006

As Luck Would Have It

In this day an age of rising fuel cost, the days of discounted airline tickets would seem to be gone, not true. Was lucky yesterday to purchase a ticket from American Airlines for moi, from Louisville to San Jose,CA for $238 roundtrip. This is setting up another monster week of riding in one of, if not the most bicycle friendly areas of the United States. My buddy Terry lives in Los Altos, CA which is south of San Francisco and east of Santa Cruz. Ever since last August when I did a bike trip with him then, we have kicked around another journey, now that will become a reality. More later.

Yesterday I got in another twenty miles of relatively flat and easy riding. Once again across the Silver Creek Bridge and over to Jeffersonville and then looped back to New Albany's Community Park and then home. A bit blustery and no sunshine made for cool riding even though the temperatures were in the mid 50's.

3 comments:

Iamhoosier said...

I am liking you less and less all the time. By the time I meet you, if ever, I will probably hate your guts. (smile)

edward parish said...

Hmmm? Get in line, I must warn you it is long though.

The New Albanian said...

No equipment malfunctions today.