Monday, August 21, 2006

Riding In Indianapolis This Past Weekend


This past weekend I logged over 100 miles in two days riding the many trails, pasths and bike routes of Indianapolis and Marion County. Yes I did the Monon Trail, but more importantly I rode the Pleasant Run, Fall Creek, White River/Central Canal Trails, Fort Harrison State Park's Harrison Trail as well as many bike routes that were very well marked throughout. Traffic shared the road and I did not have that first asshole yelling to get off the road or get on the sidewalk as we encounter around here.

For those who do not know, I used to call Indy my home and

still remember how to get around the area quite well after 30+ years. To still be able to find and enjoy the great parks, such as Garfield and Washington(that used to be home to the zoo). My favorite park is the Wes Montgomery Park located on 33rd Street east of the downtown area. It is just like Wes's music, laid back and comforting.

For the beer cyclist, yes I wound up in Broadripple for beer each day; BBC and Brassiere Brugge were explored.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Ed. I haven't tried the Bruges Brasserie yet.