Sunday, August 06, 2006

Dressed up like a car crash, the wheels are turning but you’re upside down.

Well, what a fun filled, accident prone tour we rode today. Graham, Kevin, Roger, Tim and myself rode the Edwardsville/Mosier Knob loop this morning. All started out well, we all cruised up the hill on Corydon Pike, making it past the railroad crossing before a train passed by. Took a break at the top and then made our way to the Hobknob Coffee Shop for a nice break and conversation. That is when the ride turned weird. Something lodged in my chain near St. Mary’s Road causing me to freak out and lose control into a guard rail, doing my best Red Skelton impression. Nothing hurt other than scraps, horribly purple bruises and loss of a whole bunch of my pride. Kevin made some quick, needed repairs to getting the chain back on while I cleaned my wounds and then we were off riding again. Passed the shrine of the late Urban’s that was located next to St. Mary’s Parish and had a nice history lesson from someone who used to buy beer there at an earlier age. We made our way up the back side of Mosier Knob and had just past Skyline when we heard what sounded like a vehicle crash. Sure enough and pickup truck had hit something on the road and flipped it into a ditch. When we arrived, the driver had gotten out and seemed okay less a gash in his head. Thanks guys for calling 911 and getting someone headed to help. That done it was an easy trip down Mosier Knob and then we all headed home with enough excitement for one day.

1 comment:

Debbie H. said...

Whoa, sounds exciting, glad you're okay. My group was up in the Knobs on Sunday too but went the opposite way you did. As a matter of fact, I was about to post that I successfully climbed Mosier Knob! And we stopped at Hob Knob as well. Did you pass some bikers right as you were coming into the Hob parking lot? If so, then that was us.