Saturday, April 29, 2006

New Seat...Bent Sprocket!

Roz Tate and I have got a wild hair to loose weight and get into some sort of shape. So this morning I went to the bike shop in C'ville and bought an old man seat, installed it, and rode out to meet Tate at Richo's. While enroute my bent front sprocket gave up the ghost and I lost my two most comfortable gear speeds. (This has been Gremlin week for sure!) Anyway I arrived unscathed.

We then proceeded (in his vechicle) to Sam Peden park to lap the lake a couple of times. We both broke a good sweat and agreed to meet Sunday AM to do it all over again.

I grabbed a glass of H2O at the pub and headed home via Jon's house. He wasn't home but I met he and N walking in that direction about Elm Street. We spoke for a few minutes and I proceed on the my domoicile. So far I don't feel any worse for the wear. I may learn to like exercise yet!

1 comment:

edward parish said...

Just keep telling yourself that simple little phrase when you fell like giving up during the workout: slow and steady wins the race.