Sunday, March 05, 2006

Another Universe Indeed

That was an appropriate comment in reference to my previous post on the new bicycle parking garage that Caltrain is building at the San Francisco Train Station. It is a safe bet that I will never see anything like that here in the Metro Louisville area in my remaining life span. Oh well, that is one reason why I vacation out there.

Attempted to ride yesterday, but was summoned to work just as I was getting ready to depart on a ride. So today I tried to make up for it. Rode down Spring Street Hill, and by the way it is clean. Someone has had it cleaned up and taken down the ugly barriers on each end making it user friendly again for recreation. So, after departing NA, cruised out Corydon Pike and up Edwardsville Hill. Took old 64 to Edwardsville-Galena Rd before making my way back over to Luther Rd and Hwy 150. Sprinted over to Scottsville Rd and up Skyline Dr, down Spickert Knob and Green Valley to downtown NA and then back up Old Vincennes to our Silver Hills home.

Real good ride on a gray Sunday, which will see a weather change this afternoon bringing rain for a day or two for this area.

1 comment:

The New Albanian said...

Did the NA - Caffe Classico trip today via the Spring Street bridge and the 2nd Street bridge.

Good coffee with Tommy.