Saturday, June 27, 2009

A comeback of a month.

Rehab continues. Almost certainly June, 2009 will be my best biking month since September, 2006 (when we were cycling from Prague to Vienna). I should come in at around 500 km for June, after having only 457 km for January-May.

I'm sticking to my usual routine: 10-15 km a day maintenance, 20-30 km a day if time and energy permits, and alternating flat ground and hill profiles. I made it up Corydon Pike for the fourth time yesterday, but the heat sapped me, so today I'll stay on the flood plain and walk a bit, too.

It still doesn't sound like much compared with previous times, but gradually things are returning to focus. Progress is being made. I've lost about 15 lbs since returning from holiday on May 27, and with luck, another 10-15 will go by the time the Great Taste of the Midwest beer festival takes place in Madison WI on August 8.

No biking for that one. Just beer.

1 comment:

Tommy2x4 said...

saw ya' ride past me last week...said hi...you kept rollin...