Wednesday, September 20, 2006

CA Trip (2)


Well friends, for all that I posted about my trip to California in May of this year, ditto it and add much more. We wound up with about 400 miles in seven days. Some of that I was on my own due to my buddy TR's work schedule at the Saint Michael Alley Bistro where he is a waiter. Never the less, it was good weather and was coupled with many fine memories of the Bay Area and the peninsula area south of 'Frisco and over the mountains to Santa Cruz.

We did a little more exploring of the north shore area between Sausalito and Larkspur which included Tiburon. We road the hilly terrian of the paradise trail. Our return that day was coming back across the Golden Gate Bridge in total fog with visibility at about 30 feet. All I could see in front of me was TR's flashing red light on his bike and could hear the massive horn blast warning the ships heading in the bay of the bridge. Just like out of a movie.

The photo was taken on 9.13.06 at a bar called Zeitgeist where it would be safe to say there was near sixty to seventy bikes there in hanging racks or just locked together out back in the backyard by patrons enjoying fine California hoppy beers and other substances. Totally different culture than we are used to here in this area.

No comments: