Monday, September 04, 2006

2006 NBL Grands


The 2006 NBL Grand National is history. No doubt, the best Grands EVER! We had over 450 motos. That's about 2500 riders, ranging from 5 and under to 70 something I believe.

The local organization, which is all volunteer based, put on the best race I've attended. I started out a little shakey, but finished all first through my qualifying rounds in 35 and over expert and posted a 1,5,3 in the 30 and over open wheels. Today, we started out with 1/8's and kept the winning going all the way until the main.

In class, I got out a little sluggish, but was able to keep the leader insight and I played follow the leader until the last turn and tried to make my move, but I just didn't have any fuel left. Bob O'Gorman is the world ranked #3 rider and one of the classiest guys you'll meet on the national scene.

Here's a pic from Saturdays motos. I'm # 865.

No comments: