Monday, July 30, 2007

UCI World BMX Championships

What a very long week! My bid to win the title for my class came to an end in the semi-finals on Sunday afternoon. Our class had 55 of the worlds best riders and I guess I should take some comfort in making it to the final 16.

My motos were awesome, with me riding right behind the current world champion. I was feeling awesome and felt that things were heading in the right direction and when it came time for my semi-final, I just blew my gate. I beat myself I guess. I can't tell you how much it hurt to come up short, especially with all the support I received.

I hope to have some video of the races soon and will post them.

Victoria, BC is b e a u t i f u l!!!! Bike lanes and bike shops everywhere!!! The obesity rate up there is pretty much opposite of what ours is here in the USA. The weather...perfect! Jackets at night, shorts for the day. Oh..and if you ever wondered where all the friendly customer service went....it's up in Canada!

I'll post more later...

2x4

2 comments:

edward parish said...

Be proud, we are.

The New Albanian said...

Good show, mate.