Tuesday, July 17, 2007

NBL E. Moline National

Last weekend, I used the NBL's stop in E. Moline, IL. to warm-up for the Worlds. The moto count was very low for the race. Usually it's around 120ish and this weekend it was 75 for the first day and 68 for day two...bummer.

Day 1 was interesting, especially with a really bad cross wind that blew your bike from underneath you! I'm luck to have not eaten crap, because there were several times where I felt I was about to crash. I was able to score the win in the main, but dropped a perfect (winning all motos and main) due to hitting a roller and coming to a stopped and my buddy passing me. It's all good, I dropped one point, no biggie really...

Day 2 was picture perfect racing weather! Cool start, clear skies and most of NO WIND! Scored a perfect on day 2. That's all I can really say about the weekend.

I'm happy with my conditioning going into the Worlds and I feel that I've done my part as for training and being prepared physically, now it's just the game of not letting my head take me out of the it! I had a bought of doubt yesterday....the nerves just kicked in and it's a usually thing here....

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Tommy

1 comment:

MrG said...

Tommy--

You go, man. And I want to hear about it when you get back.

Good Luck.