Friday, August 17, 2007

A Bicycle In Church? Go on. Yeah, This Sunday.

    Somebody asked me to put together a service and I'm bringing my bike.  

   At 11 a.m. this Sunday, August 19, I'll have the pulpit at First Unitarian Church of Louisville, 809 S. Fourth St. (Across from the Louisville Free Public Library at York Street).  

   No, I am not an ordained minister, but Unitarians are open-minded and pretty relaxed about this stuff.  I'll be using my 880-mile bike trip to Niagara Falls this Spring as a metaphor in a talk touching on journeys, pilgrimage, and some of what we learn from life when in pursuit of an ideal.

  There's also a free coffee social afterwards if you feel like coming, on your bike or not, for a service out of the ordinary.  Some great local musicians (Gary Falk, sax, Jim Schweickert and Will Plummer on piano and New Albany's Tiffany Taylor, vocals) will also perform in the service.

Entry to the church is not on Fourth St, but off Library Alley at the back. 

I would usually offer to ride back to New Albany afterwards, but this week have to stay for a youth group meeting.

No comments: