Thursday, May 03, 2007

We Ride Again!

For those of you who had such a good time commenting about my "Barco Lounger" bike saddle, I get the last laugh.

Following my recent surgery I had my doubts about ever being able to straddle a bicycle again. Yesterday due largely to the boredom of cabin fever, I took the orange beast off it's hook, aired up the tires, rolled the dice, and headed downtown.

I made from my home on Spring Street to Pearl and back without incident. This is one of many hurdles I've cleared in the last three months and second only to coming out of the drug induced fog that I came home from the hospital with. This is FREEDOM to move about!

I'm a bit sore this morning due to using muscles that have been dormant for almost 90 days, but nothing like I had expected.

I'm far from being able to do double digit mileage, but at least I think I'll be able to get to the pub in the near future.

Happy Riding All!!

3 comments:

Iamhoosier said...

Super, just super. You did more distance than I have in the last 6 months. With what you have been through, my excuses just don't hold up.

Speaking of the pub, are you cleared for "pub juice"?

Highwayman said...

Officially? NO!! But since when do I let officialdom get in my way.

I had a wee sample of the Jasmine last Saturday with no nasty side affects so I'm probably gonna stray off the reservation soon.

edward parish said...

We are all proud of you Lloyd, your beating the odds as you know and YOUR attitude is 2/3 of it.