Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Update: Mr. G crossing into Pennsylvania today.


Here's another update on Mr. G's progress along the Underground Railroad Bicycle Route, courtesy of wife Kathy. It was received this morning.

Greg continues to make good progress and is in good shape. He has worked his way northeast through Ohio, and is currently just south of Lake Erie, near Ashtabula OH. The attached photo is in Oberlin OH with newly-made friends, met at a restaurant. He's making occasional use of his foul weather gear, and has encountered some cold and windy conditions. Luckily, he's had a few home stays, and checked into a few motels when it was just too darned miserable to camp out. He plans to cross into PA today and spend the night in Erie PA, anticipating a more level ride as he parallels the lake coastline. So, all is well, but I'll continue to hold my breath a bit as I think of those 18-wheelers blowing past him ...

2 comments:

edward parish said...

I am so jealous of this cat, that it is beyond any attempt to describe it. My love of cycling has lead me to desire to do this kind of thing on every vacation I plan for my own cycling pleasures. My up coming cycling trip to the Left Coast is just a mere taste for adventure that Mr. G is enjoying.

Tommy2x4 said...

this would be a great vacation for me!!! however, i think my wife and kids would feel different after the first climb! lol...

take care out there!!!