Monday, June 19, 2006

Pooped Out


Dear diary,
My butt is tired. Not sore or raw from hours of riding, but just plain tired. The kind of tired you get from actually working outside making a honest days wages and doing a great, rewarding service to the community my family calls home, for that matter, most of the kind people who read this blog whenever they have time from whatever it is they do.

But, somehow I still find time to make my way out on the bike for a ride most everday for 1.5 or 2 hours at a time clearing my head of all that tries so very hard to bring me down. To paraphrase a very wise friend of mine, I cannot do anything about Fallujah or Darfur but what I can do is make a difference right here. My best interest is working and screwing off when I can. Time and less patience or dealing with the stupity of others or many could say dealing with myself while drinking keeps me from having pints at our local public house. For that I have traded clearing my brain of lifes pollution through riding a bicycle and then just simply drinking at home, so as not to complicate my life.

This evening was no exception as I rode to Jeffersonville's Allision Lane via the scenic route most have taken along the Ohio River and then back home. I'll not bore you with the details. All I'll say is drink plenty of fluids while exercising and think happy thoughts while riding and try not to get all cramped up from overheating.
Signed,
A supporter of Kinky Fiedman for Governor of Texas

1 comment:

edward parish said...

Just the best Dave, good call!